I found or bought a radio on EBay how do I get it to work?

Posted 3 months ago by Scott Thompson

Post a topic
  • Pinned Topic
Un Answered
Scott Thompson
Scott Thompson Admin

I found a radio or I purchased a two-way radio on eBay/Rummage Sale, etc. can I use it?

All Advanced Wireless Communications two-way radios are setup in a communications band setup by the FCC or Industry Canada that require them to be licensed to be used.  Using a Two-Way Radio without a license issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States is illegal .  If you are caught using an unlicensed frequency in the USA you can be fined thousands of dollars each day by the FCC.  It's really not worth it!

Advanced Wireless Communications can help you get a license and can program your radios to that license for a small fee.  ($25.00 in most cases).  

What are the legal penalties for transmitting on amateur (ham) radios without being licensed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)?

Operating an amateur radio station without a license issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States is illegal. The penalties for operating a ham radio without a license can be severe and may include fines, confiscation of equipment, and even imprisonment in some cases. 

For more information on this topic, see: https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/unauthorized-radio-operation

0 Votes

0 Comments

Login or Sign up to post a comment